Wednesday 6 February 2008

more MUDing

I'm having real trouble sifting through the vast quantity of information on offer with Achaea.. theres just so much, and it can be overwhelming...

So I've been dabbling with The Realms of Despair (RoD), a MUD I used to play years ago, which is much more simpler in its execution and its a bit more action orientated... which has ultimately lead me to another MUD that is a balance between the two.. it has more to it, more flavour than RoD, but isn't quite as overpowering as Achaea.. its known as Dark & Shattered Lands.


With all these MMO's out, I shouldn't find myself sucked into a world that has only text based descriptions, but theres just something pure about it, its like having Fantasy Grounds without the graphics. Having said that it does have a world map, that scrolls with your character as you're exploring.. which is a welcome addition to give you an overall feel of structure and environment - something many MUD's lack.. Oh and in DSL its an enforced Roleplay MUD, so noe vanity names as such, your name is vetted upon creation I believe. Anyway, I'm sure this MUD fetish will go on and on...

No comments:

Post a Comment