Wednesday 15 March 2006

Lost Planet DEMO

A bunch of E3 trailers and a couple of demos turned up on Xbox Live Marketplace last night, including the Lost Planet demo. So I grabbed it as quick as I could... fell asleep on the couch.. finished the download in the morning.

Lost Planet

Based on the 4 minutes play I managed to eek out this morning, I must say I like it. Its a 3rd person shooter, with some really nice graphics, crumbling snow underfoot as you yomp across a frozen wasteland, ectoplasmic slosh spilling out of bug hatching pods as you pump shotgun shells into them, big leggy bugs flailing their spiny legs at you as you weave around them and spray their bellies with bullets. Just looks brilliant.

I wandered into an underground car park swarming with bugs and hatching pods everywhere. Lots of explosive barrels and abandoned vehicles to use as splash damage shrapnel, lots of beautiful looking explosions to trigger, punctuated with bug offal flying and spurting around. This is a lone starship trooper out to slay the alien bug horde with a decent arsenal of killing tools. Machine guns, shotguns, grenades and even some Mechs.

In the car park, there was some turret shaped device that had to be activated, by pumping the B button, and I was in the middle of cutting down swathes of crawlers whilst pumping this device, when I had to power down this other world and and shoot off to work.

I'd say its a great action bug splatterer, with graphics to die for. Looking forward to getting home this evening and nailing me some more insectoid menace.

No comments:

Post a Comment