Monday 27 March 2006

Generation Kill

Generation Kill Book CoverMy current obsession being combat in the gulf, inspired by the release of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on the 360, and further inflated by the DVD season set of the series 'Over There', has landed me deep in the pages of the book 'Generation Kill' by Evan Wright. Where a reporter is embedded in a First Recon company, and he gives a vivid and honest account of the Marines and the situations they are faced with.

I must say, I expected something like the Jarhead book. However, its more personal and factual, this is "Band of Brothers" stuff for the current generation. I can't put it down, once I start reading. Highly Recommended if you are fascinated by the dilemmas faced by modern combat troops and their human interactions whilst under such duress.

No comments:

Post a Comment