Friday 27 April 2001

ZOE: Eva Substitute

From the moment I booted this game up, I just knew I would fall in love with it. From the haunting music that greets you to the visual feast that is served up as anime-rendered FMV. The two things that tugged at my gaming heart strings were, you get the opportunity to pilot a mechanised frame and you can swoop gracefully around urban landscapes unleashing your destructive cargo - in the most elegant way. It almost seems as if each battle was a carefully choreographed ballet.

The similarities between ZOE and the anime, Neon Genesis Evangelion, are evident throughout. Both are stories are about a tormented unwilling pilot with an unfortunate gift from mechanised combat. For a long term fan of the anime, this game is a wet dream.

The game is only let down by the fact that it is quite short. Even with my sloth-paced gaming approach I only clocked 9 hours or so to complete it.

http://www.zoneofenders.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment