Monday 30 April 2001

Quest for Questing

I am on a roll at the moment. A swords and sorcery kick. I've become totally fixated with a particular genre of gaming and I am wantonly sucking up all alternatives until I am spent.

I think the main cause for this wanderlust is Phantasy Star Online. The game combines both action and roleplay in a very addictive format. I must've clocked well over 200 hours on that game, by far the most I've spent on any game EVER!

Lodoss kicked me into a beserker frenzy, which forced a Baldurs Gate II and Icewind Dale purchase, this then lead me to Diablo II on the cheap, which seems to be directing me towards Ultima Online. I know I should take a deep breath and play games currently purchased, through to their logical conclusion - but my lust for new thrills is just too strong. The only thing stopping me from sweeping up all vaguely related D&D products is the fact that I simply can't afford to.

I can't seem to focus on the traditional Japanese RPG's like I normally do. I want action based isometric's and I want them now! Keep your Grandia II and your Skies of Arcadia - give me action and give me roleplay - but make sure theres plenty of action.

So as I twitch here in my chair and wonder what road shall be next, the elven path to Ultima Online? or the dwarven cave back to Everquest? please spare a heal for a very sick man. A tortured addict. An aging gamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment