Saturday 4 May 2002

Cubed

I spent approximately one month rationalising over the Gamecube. I come to the decision that I would not buy one at launch. There weren't enough games on the little blighter to convince me it would be a worthwhile buy. I saw the price drop on the Xbox and the subsequent drop of the Cube to RRP of £129 and this got me tingling. Rogue Leader looked tempting, I'd been playing Rogue Sqaudron on my N64 a week or so earlier and the Stars Wars Episode II hype machine had just started to kick in... so I was being pumped by my childhood fascination with flying X-wings and Snowspeeders. I still couldn't justify the purchase now. I said to myself I'd wait till Pikmin was out. Foolishly I was talked into exploring Paper Mario on the N64 just a week ago and this foray into cutesy 'tendo role playing caught both me and my nipper on the hop. We loved it. Now I was being pumped by Nintendo's previous console and games to explore what the cube had to offer. Obviously Luigis Mansion could carry on the cute plumbing theme - and I now had the justification that my nipper would love it. Fatal. I can barely hold myself back when I'm on a roll, but get my nipper involved and we're like two schoolkids, except I've got a credit card! Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I knew I was going to buy a Cube sooner or later, and since I now had two games I fancied at launch and I'd taken the day off work on launch day - my fate was sealed. So I am now the proud owner of a batchelor pad Black Cube and I'm currently slinging my tow cable around an AT-AT's legs, and sucking ghostly visions into a vacuum cleaner. I am enjoying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment