Monday 4 March 2002

Gangfare

A very closed game. The only FREE mafia web game on the Internet. I cannot stress how much I enjoy this game enough. The game is FREE to sign on, although I have donated a small amount to the guy running it. It's a business simulation, all statistic based. But it has an extra level of play. A role playing family loyalty aspect that just really takes the dry cold statistical game to a new level. I'm a sucker for a game which calls for honour and loyalty on a big scale. Big concepts for small minded games.

I admire the fact that it is run by a single guy taking care of everything. I admire the fact that it is a fun simulation, very interesting in itself. But the most it has to offer - is the player to player interaction and family alliances. Because the world is small (only 200 players online at the moment) and the families are quite well setup and small scale, it has a very personal feel to it. You become embroiled in the affairs of the families and their gangsters, there is even a history that you can follow and the game hasn't been online that long. Well worth the effort if you enjoy role playing and simulation. Full marks for a very entertaining game, I just hope the guy who runs it can hold out against the barrage of ideas and tweaks let alone the whinges and whines from *some* of the players.

No comments:

Post a Comment