Tuesday 29 May 2001

Lodoss Revisited

I'd just like to mention that several of the bosses in the game are DRAGONS! Although I'm not beefy enough to fight em yet AND there is a Shrimp equivalent - although there's fooking millions of em in the desert - sandworms - dune revisited. I went in at level 15 started to have a go - only to be beaten down in the blink of an eye. Later I
find out you have to be about level 70+ to take down a sand-worm. Theres ghosts, zombies, goblins, skeletons, lizards, dark elven swordsmen, preists and preistess, winged demons, Ogres, Golems, Medusas and many more characters. A veritable fantasy feast!

Theres quests/mini-quests galore! After taking about 3 hours
to level up and prepare myself for one of the boss fights that had been crippling me - I eventually beat the bastard - I mean he was torching the forests and the elves didn't like that! I get to carry his severed head around with me now - just to prove how hard I am.

Some of the spells are quite nice to use tactically - heres a tower of stone one that allows you to block mobs advances, a bonfire whichyou can land a mob on and circle around them whilst they are being burned, chopping them as they try to free themselves from the flames. The animate the dead is always useful to use a fallen mob as a tank.
Theres a one called mirror that I've used a lot against big golems who hit hard. It throws two mirror images of you so the mobs attack that and you sneak behind them at let them have it. More effective with your critical stats boosted on your oriental sword. Mainly does 150+ dmg but every now and then hits for a sweet 800+ - mobs can do this also. But there are runes and potions to nullify their critical hits.

For a hack and slash - its actually quite deep and involved and I like the way quite different tactics present themselves after you've died a couple of times..

No comments:

Post a Comment